December 14, 2006

:: "Mou Lipis, Agapi Mou" - [Part II]

"You give me, you're giving me the sweetest taboo
Too good for me
There's a quiet storm
And it never felt like this before
There's a quiet storm
That is you"

- Sade

We have always dreamt that one day, the handsome Prince would come on his white horse and not only love you unconditionally and eternally, but declare and show his love to everyone, breaking all the fears and not-allowed-to's. Making you believe in love as it should be, and appreciate that someone has finally come on your way to rescue you from all the scattered thoughts and feelings that you have been living with. It is a great joy, and tremendous feeling of security and safety when you find someone who shares you the same desires and needs, and even goes beyond your previously drawn wildest limits.. is it?

My Prince came riding a Pegasus, unexpectedly changed my life. Who could ever predict that a simple crush in Sharm al Sheikh, me walking in his Bazaar, would make us reach that moment, in Mohandessine, in a Syrian restaurant, smoking cigarettes and drinking mint tea after eating a house specialty Kharoof Mendy and him asking me to meet his folks, and introduce me, not as a friend, not as a colleague, not as a co-worker like we all introduce them to our entourage.. but as his boyfriend!

"Do you mean, boyfriend as in Lover boyfriend?", I asked, making sure that his point was totally clear to me by that time.

"Yes. I want them to meet you".

I couldn't really get what he was saying. First, who said we were Lovers! For crying out loud we haven't even slept together! Second, I've never been in such situation, his family knowing that we are.. sleeping together? That was far beyond all my most awkward moments in life! I quickly finished my tea and walked outside the shop. Ewan asked me if it would be okay, going to Suez. I felt confusion: we weren't boyfriends yet. We were anything but lovers. He was rushing things too much. I just told him that I would think about it, since I am not sure if I'd be free by the following week-end to travel. I really had to think about that mess. Have I gone too deep? Why do we feel scared once we are in a serious relationship that so far by all means looks suitable? Yes, we haven't had sex yet. I agree we have only met a bunch of times, but the feeling he was giving me was unexplainable. His care and attention were just too right. Deep inside of me, I knew that he might be the rebound guy; but he could as well be the guy. Too many thoughts in my head were echoing. I just needed two things: time and space to think, which weren't provided at that moment. I decided to enjoy whatever the situation was, and let the rest be the way it would go. He kept on playing his favorite songs, to be honest, I started singing along with some of the things he kept replaying several times. Those songs really do stick in your mind for some time after listening to them! As usual I drove him to the bus station so he'd take the 8 hours long drive back to Sharm al Sheikh. As I parked in the darkest spot I could see next to the SuperJet cars, he pressed his lips on mine again, and this time we made sure our tongues would have contact. His kiss was so warm, sweet and tasted minty. It tasted honest and sincere as well. I had to stop the making out or someone would be really offended in the street if we were seen. He stepped out of the car and asked me to leave. I knew later that he hated "goodbyes", by all their aspects and forms. I am assuming that the Yassou that he used to tell me by the end of the call didn't mean the Bye meaning. I kept parking in the shades, thinking and looking at the bus. It wasn't that bad what he told me, in fact, it was excellent. Wasn't that what I always wished in a stable relationship? His parents knowing and -if possible- mine too? Half my dream came, being out to his family. I started day dreaming about parties, receptions, gatherings and events, me among his family, sitting on the same table and not hiding my emotions and true relationship with Ewan, the gorgeous Ewan. His lips tasted so sweet, his breathe was so minty. I woke up by an SMS, from him, telling me that I should have left as he asked me, that he misses me more and can't wait for me going to Suez with him. I started my engines, sent him a take care of yourself SMS and drove back home.

Two days later, I made up my mind: I was going to his place. Around 4 PM, I called him to tell him that piece of news. He was with his dad in Suez. I started my call normally then teased him as he was really longing to know whether I would be coming that week-end or not. When I told him that I would be moving at 7 PM to meet him there, he just screamed:

"Really? Dad! Dad! Digg is coming this week-end"; he really did tell his parents about me. I faintly heard his dad saying that this would be great, meeting me in person; and that I was most welcome. I shivered.. I felt joy and excitement moving in my stomach: what I was experiencing with that Hermes guy was totally new. He knew how to storm in my life, correctly. I confirmed with him that he should stay then in his place since I would be coming over. He told me: "No. I am coming to Cairo so we'd drive together the way to Suez." - Gosh! Does this happen really? Is his care extended to that limit? Coming to Cairo from Suez, in a bus just to join me and go together back to where he just left, 2 hours before?

And it did. I was showing off all the way to Suez what I learnt so far in his native language. I could say numbers by that time, as well as very basic sentences.. and I made sure I always add Agapi Mou after every group of words. The road was so cosy, the setting sun reflecting on us, giving him more splendor and beauty than ever.. his deep hazel greenish eyes were glowing; his tempting tanned skin was so inviting to touch. Once we reached Suez, Ewan insisted we'd go by the Sea Side, to his favorite spot. I parked, and slowly stepped out of the car. He rushed by the fence and pointed at a very distant lighthouse: "You see that? I always sit here at night, and see how many spins can it make till I feel tired and go home". How nice it was when he was showing me the common things that he used to do whenever he was in Suez. He maintained a calm relaxing time, away from his hectic crazy life in Sharm and Cairo. Though he was a young businessman, in his mid twenties, but was full of energy and ideas. Managing two Bazaars, selecting what to import and finishing his deals all on his own was admirable. He then proposed that we'd go to his place, when I asked about its whereabouts, he said that his house was next to his parents'. I felt uncomfortable to the idea me walking in and out his place while his folks were watching us. I insisted that I'd reserve a hotel room and I could easily do whatever suited me by then. (I must have a backup plan, if I learnt anything from Frasier show, that would be the one).

Later that night, Ewan took me to one of his favorite Sea Food restaurants. I noticed that he knew many good venues and ways to get quality food. After a quick tour in the deserted city (it was around 2 AM by then), we decided to go to his place.

Once I stepped into his house, I was taken by the interior design, a true Mediterranean collector: a big sword fish on the wall, a beautifully designed wooden ship, corals and even an enormous fish tank reflecting beautiful colors with amazing, so relaxing to watch varieties of fish. He switched TV on, brought two glasses, a Smirnov Cranberry bottle and a bunch of albums. A cigarette had to join the scenery! My Hercules kept showing me the different pictures he had taken over years; he looked so cute in the traditional Greek outfit, as well as in his graduation. He showed me many pictures of his latter diving trip as well as his worldwide ones, specially those in Sudan. I felt comfortable. I don't know whether it was alcohol that spinned our heads, the lighting in his place or the calm sound of the water and bubbles in the fish tank, but I had one of my best sex nights with the hottest guy I dated.. mixed with the very comfortable feelings. The way he treated my lips, my body, my desires and emotions made me crave for more each time we stopped.

Around 7 AM, while hugging me so tight, Ewan slept peacefully on my chest. I kept touching his face and hair, thinking.. could he be the one? Could this be my final stop? How was I thinking reserving a room away from this pleasure and comfort?

It was after noon when I woke up. I could smell breakfast prepared, eggs, toasted bread and coffee.. I could hear something as well, Ewan's voice.. and some other voices too. While I was putting on my clothes, Ewan walked in and said: "I was about to wake you up. My dad is here! Come, breakfast is ready" -Shit! I am in the moment I was scared of most. I went to the bathroom and kept on fixing what alcohol, sex and lack of sleep showed on my face. I couldn't help noticing a hickey on my neck. Shit! Shit!

"Good morning", I said while coming near the finely set breakfast table.

"Good morning! I am Ewan's father. He's been talking a lot about you!"

What should I answer? What should I say now? What am I supposed to do? Smile? Look away? Blush? I never felt that feeling before. I was never put in such confusing situation.

"I am happy being in here really. First time in Suez!", I answered, trying to cover my confusion -and my hickey- as much as I could. His father was sweet and nice. Actually I shouldn't have made all that mess from the first place! His dad was totally accepting gay life, believing in gay relationships and actually loved his son as he was. Apparently he met other dates before, he might have said the same words I heard also, but I liked what I felt; actually it was beyond all my expectations. Once breakfast was over, his father excused and I had another round with my Apollo.

Later that day, we left his place and went to a Café by the Red Sea. Ewan's biggest love was ships. He always loved watching ships, being in ships, driving ships. He specially knew everything about the Cargo ones; pointing at logos and telling me about what they are carrying. He took pictures of ships, me and the ships, himself and the ships, ships with other ships! While he was talking and telling me about his sea passion, I couldn't help but wonder how free he was. Too free actually. He wasn't that kind of people who like to stay committed to something, I even knew that he worked for a while with his father in his factory when he felt really tied and decided to leave and move to Sharm where he can be free. he prefers staying alone than staying in groups, he always travels so he won't be accustomed to one place; Ewan was not actually made for a long term relationship. People passing in his life were pretty much like those big ships, they are slow, they take their time, but sooner or later, they are out of your vision; lost in the big deep blue sea.

That night, Ewan asked me to drive to a certain place, some 200 KM drive from Suez, direction Hurghada. I couldn't expect, again, what he was planing for me. It was past midnight when we were on our way to that mysterious spot in the mountains. I could barely see the roads clear infront of me, but Ewan seemed to know the way pretty well; all curves and blocks in our way.

"Slow down here", he said after lowering the car stereo. "Go the left, but slowly, we're going into the desert off the road". I did what he asked me.. I switched my high and fog lights on: I was on a cliff, next to a mountain. He asked me to go out of the car and make sure to lock it well. He held my hand and guided me near the cliff's edge. His hand felt so warm in that cold night. I shivered.. he squeezed my hand with both of his. I had to stop and look around me.. I was in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mountains and on a cliff over the sea with the hottest and warmest man. Where could that lead us?

>> Proceed to Part III



Leave a Reply
Read Previous Comments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man finish the story!

S. said...

i am so confused .... is this really happening

is there really a guy like this...


where you dreaming ... are you sure this is happening in egypt

even abroad .. would a guy travel 500 km so that he can go back with you the same distance

would a guy take me 200 km in the desert to see the bloody mountains
BITCH I WANT THAT